Sunday, May 24, 2009

winding down

Sorry its been so long. I realize its time to give up blogging for a while. The blog was started as a way to keep in touch with my parents, who were moving, and have returned. It turned into a way to let everyone know how I was doing during the whole cancer-thing. Also a place to put some thoughts down during the ordeal. It was a good place to come for that. But now when I think about my blog I get stressed out. I worry at the end of an eventful day (or even more on an uneventful day when Ive had time to think) that I don't have time or motivation to write about it.

I have scans in July. After I write about my perfect results, I will say goodbye to blog, and the guilt Ive associated with it. I will get a few things in before then (mostly pictures of what I was talking about) and tie up some loose ends. But this last month has to be dedicated to winding this thing down, just as life is speeding up.

7 comments:

AnneMarie said...

I'll miss it.

Sonja said...

It will be a great loss! You are an awesome writer.

jennie said...

Hmmm. I see your point, but I do love to read your posts! I will say goodbye to your blog with mixed emotions!! xoxo

Jon Paul said...

This blog is tops. I'll miss it.

Amy said...

Sad to see you go, but I guess you do what you gotta do.

Kirsty said...

I think you're making the right choice on this one Alisa. It feels pretty good to give up the old bloggy. I just wish that you'd admit that the real reason you are stopping is because you saw me quit and thought that was pretty cool.

Jeni said...

Don't give up writing completely though... you have a gift. I have been following your blog for a few years (you took our pictures once and we went to highschool with Josh) and it is one of a few blogs that I check almost every day for a laugh or a cry or inspiration. I will really miss that. Of course I understand though!